Motivation Matters More Than Ever
Amanda Ripley wrote “The Smartest Kids in the World-and How They Got That Way” published in 2013. Interesting, some of Ripley’s citations:
1. One thing we know about learning-you cannot do it if you aren’t motivated.
2. Statistically speaking, boys and low-income background kids have less easy-access to [self] motivation.
3. Motivation [and self activation of motivation] can be taught.
4. According to Stanford’s Carol Dweck, teaching kids that their brains are muscles and get stronger with use, significantly boosts perseverance.
5. According to U PENN’s Angela Duckworth, training children to set goals, devise plans for overcoming inevitable obstacles increases self control.